Experimental chocolate bread
Member recipe by mmulholl
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 250g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- half a sachet of dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 ml of warm water
- 35g chocolate spread
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- First lesson Put the flour into a mixing bowl and make a large well in the centre of the flour.
- Pour in half the water, the yeast, the sugar, the salt, cocoa powder and chocolate chips and stir with a fork.
- Add some more water whilst mixing until the dough is elastic.
- Flour your hands and knead the dough by pushing it with your fists and rolling it over.
- 5. Sprinkle the top of your dough with flour and cover the bowl with a clean tea towel.
- Leave it to prove (rise) until the next food tech lesson.
- Next lesson Bash and squash your dough for 30 seconds
- Put the dough into the loaf tin and let it prove for 30 minutes but after 20 minutes of proving preheat your oven.
- Put the bread in the oven at gas mark 5/190C for 20 minutes
- Take the bread out of the oven and take it out of the bread tin and allow it to cool slightly. Then generously apply the chocolate spread to the top