Member recipe by mazzyb
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft cheese
- 100g self-raising flour
- 10g poppyseeds (1 round tsp)
- 2 eggs
- FOR DECORATION
- 200g soft cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/170C/150C.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Gradually, mix in the eggs, then the poppyseeds.
- Beat in the soft cheese, and finally, fold in the flour, slowly, with the salt.
- Bake in the centre of the oven fo 15-20mins, or until golden.
- Leave to cool for 15 mins.
- Mix the cheese and icing sugar together.
- Smooth over cupcakes with a spoon or palette knife. Sprinkle with more poppy seeds.