Golden crispy potatoes
Member recipe by helenseamer
- 1kg floury potatoes such as Maris Piper or King Edward
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, more if you like
- Up to 1 hour ahead: Peel and cut the potatoes into 2cm dice. Toss in a bowl with the oil and thyme. Cover and keep cold.
- To cook and serve: Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7/fan 200C. Spread the potatoes over a large, shallow roasting tray and roast for 30 - 35 minutes until nicely golden.
- Turn them over and return to the oven for 10 - 15 mins until golden and very crispy. Sprinkle over sea salt and pepper.