Chicken Soup With Dumplings
Member recipe by marinafood
- FOR THE SOUP
- chicken stock, made from 1 stock cube
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1/2 swede, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive oil,
- fresh herbs to serve
- FOR THE DUMPLINGS
- 1 egg
- 10 tbsp of plain flour
- 100 ml water
- Gently fry the onion in olive oil untill translucent
- Add crushed garlic, followed by vegetables and cook for a five minutes
- Pour the chicken stock, bring soup to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the dumplings. You will end up with sticky batter.
- Rinse a teaspoon under cold water. It will help the batter to come off the spoon more easily.Dip a teaspoon of batter into the pot with simmering soup and let it fell off the spoon. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- When the dumplings float to the top of the soup, simmer another minute until ready. Check seasoning with salt and pepper and serve sprinkled with herbs.