Member recipe by helenseamer
- 450g broccoli
- 2 slices white bread
- sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g onions finely chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Steam the broccoli for 10 mins or until tender but firm. Refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Remove crusts and dice bread into 1cm cubes. Heat oil and fry garlic until golden then remove. Fry diced bread, turning continuously until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Make a dressing by beating the lemon juice with the olive oil. Add the onions and season.
- When ready to serve, place the broccoli in a serving dish and pour the dressing over.
- Shell the egg and grate it over the broccoli. Scatter with the fried bread cubes and serve immediately.