BBQ Bean & Sausage pancakes
Member recipe by laurabow
- For the Pancakes:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 50ml milk
- Salt & Pepper
- oil, for frying.
- For the Filling:
- 8 good quality herby sausages, such as cumberland or lincolnshire.
- 1 pack smoked bacon, or lardons
- 1 large red onion, cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- Plenty of black pepper
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin baked beans
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 Dash worcestershire sauce
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped.
- cook your suasage until almost cooked through then cut each sausage into chunks, roughly 4 chunks per sausage.
- Fry bacon for 3 minutes until starting to colour then add the red onion & garlic. Fry for a further 3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans, worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, honey and stir through. Simmer for 5 mins and add sausage chunks.
- On a medium heat in a non stick greased frying pan make your savoury pancakes. There should be 2 per adult and 1 per child.
- arrange pancakes on the plate and spoon in mixture on one side, fold over. Enjoy!