Quenched Cabbage With Gamon
Member recipe by cookwithanna
A traditional romanian recipe that can be made with pickeled cabbage.
- - 1 cabbage
- - 150g smoked gammon
- - 1 onion
- - 1 carrot
- - dill
- - borsch or lemon juice(1 tbsp)
- - salt and pepper
- - 1 beef stock cube
- - 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Start by frying the gammon in a bit of oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then cut the onion, grate the carrot and put them in the pan with the gammon.
- Shread the cabage.
- Put the cabbage in the pan with the gammon and add water to cover everything. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer.
- When the cabbage is boiled add the beef stock cube, the tomato paste and the borsch or lemon juice and let it simmer for anther 10-15 minutes.
- At the end add the chopped dill. You can serve with polenta and chilly. ENJOY!!!