Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cookies
- 125g salted butter, soft
- 125g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 155g plain flour
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 60g dark chocolate chips
- 5cm round cookie cutter
- baking sheet lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix until a breadcrumb-like consistency has been achieved. Vigorously knead the mixture with your hands to form a ball of dough. This can also be done by putting all the ingredients in a food processor and blending until it forms a smooth ball.
- Tip the dough out onto a very lightly floured surface; the dough will be very dry so avoid excess flouring. Roll it out until about 1cm thick. Stamp out discs with a cookie cutter and arrange them 4cm apart on the prepared baking sheet. Reroll leftover dough and cut out cookies, as before, until all the dough is used. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then allow to cool on the sheet. They will harden as they cool.
- They will keep for 7-10days in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.