Chocolate fudge brownies
Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cakes
- 3 eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 220g salted butter
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp water, boiling
- 70g self-raising flour
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 34x20x3cm baking pan, lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas mark 4
- Put the eggs and sugar in a large bowl. With a balloon whisk or electric hand whisk, whisk together until smooth, very thick and pale, and no sugar is left in the base of the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water. Stir frequently until smooth and well mixed. Put the vanilla extract and coffee powder in a cup, add the boiling water and stir vigorously until dissolved and smooth. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg and sugar mix, followed by the coffee infusion and stir to mix. Fold in the flour, then add the walnuts and gently stir through.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until just firm to the touch. Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. They are best eaten warm or at room temperature but are easier to slice when chilled. To portion, refrigerate the brownies until chilled, then slice with a sharp knife.
- The brownies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 7-10 days and are good for home freezing.