Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Squares
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 100g sultanas
- 70g roughly chopped pecans
- 60g chopped glace cherries
- 70g dark chocolate chips
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 90g golden syrup
- 70g unsalted butter
- 34x20x3cm baking pan, lined with baking parchment
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and tap them with a rolling pin to break them into small pieces, not crumbs. Put the pieces in a large bowl with the sultanas, pecans, cherries and chocolate chips and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not the base of the bowl touch the water. Add the syrup and butter and mix together, stirring continuously, until melted and smooth. This can also be done in a microwave: heat for a few seconds, remove, stir and return, repeating until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is coated in chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan, spread level and press down firmly with the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate and allow to harden completely, preferably overnight. To portion, slice using a sharp knife.
- The tiffin will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator, or freeze for up to 2 months.