Spicy Tomato Soup
Member recipe by fido66
- 1lb of Tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium sized potato chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 rasher of streaky bacon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to your own taste)
- 1/4 pint water
- 1/4 pint milk
- A small knob of butter marg or drop of oil
- Fresh chopped Parsley (optional)
- Fry the chopped onion and bacon if using in a small knob of butter/oil for about 5 mins
- Add cubed potato and quatered tomatoes, sugar and water simmer gently with the lid on a pan until potato is well cooked. Allow to cool slightly
- Remove the bacon if using and pour the ingredients into a blender.
- Once blended add the seasonings and blend well and adjust to your taste.
- Pass through a sieve into a pan. At this point this soup is perfect for freezing. Add the milk and gently reheat and add fresh parsley is using. Serve with a chunk of fresh warm bread.