Chocolate Ginger Cake
Member recipe by hstark
A chocolate ginger cake for adults. Makes one large or 18-24 cupcakes, depending on size of cases.
- For the batter
- 195g of self raising flour
- 30g of Green & Blacks Cocoa
- 225g of caster sugar
- 225g of stork margarine
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 30ml of ginger liqueur
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- For the icing
- 125g of unsalted butter
- 250g of icing sugar
- 25ml of each ginger liquer and cocoa blanc liqueur
- Chrystalised ginger to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 5
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor with a knife fitting in place. Combine for 1-2 mins.
- Line an 20cm diameter round baking tin with parchment.
- Place the batter mixture in the tin and cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile rinse the food processor, then add the ingredients for the icing and combine for 1 minute.
- Once the cake has cooled, pipe or spread the icing on the top and decorate with small slices of chrystalised ginger. Chocolate butter cream or frosting also works well with this cake.