Hot Iceberg Lettuce!
Member recipe by louise_fro
A great way to use up iceberg lettuce. Healthy, different and delicious
- 4 white fish fillets, approx 200 g each
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 iceberg lettuce
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 g butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Curry powder
- 1/2 onion
- 280 ml cream
- A little flour
- Lemon juice
- A dash of white wine if liked
- Preheat oven to 120 °C
- Salt the fish, sprinkle with some lemon juice and flour slightly. Mix olive oil and butter in a pan and saute the fish until it is golden yellow. Put into oven and keep warm at 120 °C.
- Saute the finely chopped onion in the juices of the fish, add some white wine and then the cream. Reduce the sauce by half and season it with salt.
- Boil the potatoes in salt water and then mash them roughly. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, nutmeg and curry. Cut the iceberg lettuce into thin strips and fold them into potato puree.
- Serve with the cod and spoon the sauce around it.