Member recipe by jonerfun
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 2 eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 200g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500g cored, peeled and diced apple
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease and flour a 20x30cm cake tin.
- Beat vegetable oil and eggs. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the diced apples. Spoon mixture into prepared tin (it will be very thick).
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before removing.