Choccy-nut explosion muffins
Member recipe by Rowena Wilkes
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- For the muffins:
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- 140g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 12 tsp Nutella
- For the icing:
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then stir in the caster sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs then add the milk and beat together. Add the cooled butter to the mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, butter and egg mix. Stir gently together until combined.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Spoon half the muffin mixture equally into each of the muffin cases. Carefully spoon 1 large tsp of Nutella into the centre of each muffin case, on top of the muffin mixture. Then cover with the remaining muffin mixture
- Bake in the oven for 20-25mins, until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the butter, Nutella, icing sugar and milk until smooth and creamy (add more nutella or milk if required). Place a spoonful if the icing on each of the muffins and smooth down. Decorate with a sprinke of chopped hazelnuts.
- Eat and enjoy! Mmmmmmmm...........Yummy!