Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 150g/5oz plain flour
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 7.5ml/1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g/4oz soft butter
- 75ml/5tbsp Belvoir Cranberry cordial
- 2 large eggs
- For the icing:
- 225g/8oz icing sugar
- 75g/3oz soft butter
- 30ml/2tbsp cranberry cordial
- pink sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160oC/350oF/ Gas Mark 4 Line a 12 hole deep muffin tin with large paper cases and place the tin on a baking tray.
- Sift the flour, sugar and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the butter, cordial and egg, then use an electric whisk on slow to blend the mixture together. Once it has come together whisk on top speed for 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture between the cases, filling each two thirds full. Bake for 20-25mins or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool in the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting: Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, add the butter and cranberry cordial and use the electric whisk on slow, to bring the ingredients together. Then increase the speed and whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture is fluffy.
- Use a round bladed knife to spread, or piping bag fitted with a star shaped to pipe each cupcake with the icing and decorate with sprinkles or your choice of toppings.