Healthy Bean Cauliflower Mash
Member recipe by zetallgerman
Satisfies that craving for comforting mashed potatoes... but without the carbs!
- > 1 medium cauliflower
- > 1 tin of large, white butter beans
- > approx. 1 litre of hot vegetable / chicken stock
- > 2 tbsp fresh chopped chives or parsley
- > a grating of nutmeg
- > salt & pepper (I used white pepper)
- Chop the cauliflower into small rough chunks (no need to cut fancy florets... we'll be blitzing them soon)
- Either steam the cauliflower, or for added flavour boil until tender in the stock.
- Drain and rinse the white beans.
- Throw the beans into a food processor, followed by the cooked cauliflower, the fresh herbs, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Blend until smooth, adding a few tablespoons of the hot stock as needed.
- Serve & Enjoy! (this is also a great way to "smuggle" some extra vegetables into the diet of fussy children)