Creamy Ham and Leak Pasta
Member recipe by jonesyjr
When leaks are stewed in butter and stock they make a delicious sauce for pasta. I cook this so much, I know the recipe of by heart.
- 900g Leeks
- 100g Butter
- 240ml Chicken Stock, home made or made with water and 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g Cooked Ham, cut into matchsticks
- 350g Rigatoni or other tubular pasta
- 150ml Single Cream
- 100g Freshly grated parmesan (or mature cheddar) cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the white and pale green of the leeks into thin slices and wash well. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the leeks and stir until they are coated with butter.
- Add the stock and simmer very gently, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
- Add the ham and season to taste. The leeks will absorb most of the liquid. Meanwhile cook the pasta 'al dente', drain well and pour into a warmed serving bowl.
- Quickly reheat the leeks with the cream. Pour over the pasta, add half the cheese and toss together. Serve at once, with the rest of the cheese passed round separately