Caramel Chocolate Shortbread
Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
- 115g butter (Plus extra for greasing)
- 175g plain flour
- 55g golden caster sugar
- Filling and topping
- 175g butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 400g canned condensed milk
- 200g Plain chocolate (Broken into pieces)
- Grease and line the bottom of a 23-cm/9inch shallow square cake tin. Place the butter, flour and sugar in a food processor ans process until it starts to blind together. Press into the pan and level the top. Bake in a preheated oven, 180'C,350'F/Gas Mark 4, for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel. Place the butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has melted. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring, or until very thick. Pour over the shortbread and chill in the refridgerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool a little, then spread over the caramel. Chill in the refridgerator for 2 hours, or until set. Cut the shortbread into 12 pieces using a sharp knife.