Salmon & Mushy Pea Fishcakes
Member recipe by cannedfood
- 418g can wild red salmon, drained
- 300g can marrowfat processed peas, drained
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Green salad
- Tartare sauce
- Boil the potatoes until soft, drain very well, mash and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in a large bowl; remove any large bones and skin.
- Add the marrowfat peas and mashed potato and mix together well.
- Divide into 8 portions, and shape into a fishcake shape, place on a baking sheet, cover and chill.
- Brush the fishcake with egg and coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.