Slow Cooked Beef Madras
Member recipe by cakeanyone
- 2 tbsn olive oil
- 2 mediums onions, chopped
- 1 tbsn ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 large chillies, finely chopped with seeds
- 1 tbsn garam masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cayenne or chilli powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsn madras curry powder
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsn coriander, fresh
- 700g stewing steak, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsn plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsn double cream
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion; cook slowly until golden.
- Add ginger, garlic , chilli and all the spices and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, coconut milk and 2 tbsn coriander and stir together for a minute.
- Add beef, stir and transfer everything to a slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add sugar, yoghurt and cream (add slightly more or less according to taste and how hot you like your madras)
- Serve with the remaining coriander sprinkled on top.
- Taste even better if made the day before!
- Serve with basmati rice and naan.