Chocolate Fruit & Nut Bombe
Member recipe by moonpink
Packed with colourful fruits and nuts enclosed in a chocolate sponge.
- 1 227g pack chocolate sponge mix
- 1 medium egg
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g glacÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ© cherries
- 50g shelled and skinned unsalted pistachio nuts
- 300ml double cream
- 50g currants
- 60ml of Cointreau or Amaretto
- Rind of 1 orange, grated
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Baking paper
- Cling film
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4. Grease a 30cm x 23cm baking tray; line with baking paper. Make sponge mix as directed on the pack and use the egg. Pour onto the baking tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes until springy to touch. Turn out onto a cooling rack, remove tray and peel off paper. Allow to cool.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt over a banmarrie.
- Chop the apricots and cherries and halve the pistachios.
- Whisk the cream until it stands on soft peaks. Stir intje fruit and nuts, melted chocolate, orange rind and booze.
- Line a 1.2ltr pudding bowl with cling film. Cut the sponge cake into strips and line the bowl- leaving some to go on top. Spoon in the filling and top with the remaining sponge.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours before serving or freeze totally and allow to sit to defrost for 25 minutes before serving.
- Turn out onto a serving plate and remove the cling film and dust with icing sugar.