ChilliBeef & Mushroom Stirfry
Member recipe by markely63
- 500g beef steak mince
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g pack Chow Mein noodles
- 200g frozen green beans (optional)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot and add the minced beef.
- Fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the mushrooms, garlic and chilli and continue to fry until all the juices from the beef have evaporated.
- Meanwhile, boil the green beans for 3 minutes then add the noodles and boil for a further 3 minutes. How ever. If like me you don't like green beans. You can just boil the noodles alone.
- Tip the beef out of the wok onto a plate and set aside. Add 2 tbsp of oil to the wok and fry the pepper for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the soy sauce and chilli sauce, the noodles and beans heat through and serve immediately. You can add more Chilli and Soy sauce according to taste.