Breadcups & Roast Vegetables
Member recipe by wildcardpr
ServingsServes 1 - 6
A fun way to eat your vegetables while enjoying the benefits of Chia Seeds, using Burgen's New Sunflower & Chia Seed loaf.
- 6 slices Burgen Sunflower & Chia Seed bread, crusts removed
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 125gcherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/fan oven 180 degrees Celsius/Gas mark 6. Gently press the sliced bread into 6 holes in a muffin tin, pressing the bread into the base.
- Toss together the courgette, red onion, yellow pepper, garlic, rosemary, sunflower oil and cherry tomatoes and spread into a roasting tin large enough for the vegetables to be in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. Stir well.
- Arrange the bread cups on the middle shelf of the oven underneath the vegetables and cook both for an extra 10 minutes until the bread cups are beginning to toast.
- Remove the bread cups and stand them on a clean baking sheet. Divide the roasted vegetables between the cups and bake for 5 minutes to crisp up. Scatter with fresh basil leaves to serve.