Marshmallow Fluff Eton Mess
Member recipe by marshmallowfluff1
For a new take on a classic English dessert try the Marshmallow Fluff Eton Mess, a deliciously summery treat, which is sure to impress at dinner parties!
- 3 medium egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar Vanilla Fluff
- 500g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 450ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Add the cream of tartar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the Vanilla Fluff, large spoonfuls at a time, until the mixture is glossy and stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the meringue mixture in rows on a lined baking tray, transfer the tray to the centre shelf of the oven.
- Turn the heat down to 150C/300F/Gas 2 and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues there for another 1 hour longer to dry out.
- To assemble the pudding, place half the strawberries and icing sugar in a blender and blend to a puree
- Slice the remaining strawberries and whip the double cream to the soft peak stage.
- Break up the meringues into small pieces, place them into a large mixing bowl, add the sliced strawberries, then fold in the cream and 2-3 tablespoons of the puree. Finally place this into a serving dish and drizzle with the remaining puree and serve immediately.