Merrydown Cider Sorbet
Member recipe by new_zealand_honey_co
- 480ml Merrydown Vintage Medium Cider
- 2 large flavourful apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients, except the rum, into a medium pot. Bring mixture to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and continue to cook until apples become soft (about 10 minutes).
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then transfer to a blender. Add rum and puree until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Place the bowl in a refrigerator and leave to completely cool (about 2 hours).
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.