Mrs Elswood Thai Style Salad
Member recipe by mrselswood
Fine slices of Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers add a punchy kick to the delicately dressed salad of bean sprouts, gem lettuce, chili and coriander.
- For the dressing
- 1 glove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers
- 1 carrot
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- Handful of mint and coriander leaves
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Firstly make the dressing. In a bowl whisk together the chopped garlic clove, brown sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce. Set aside.
- With a vegetable peeler slice the Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers and carrot into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Add a handful of bean sprouts, the deseeded and thinly sliced red chilli, the mint and coriander leaves and the gem lettuce.
- Toss well and divide between 2 plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.