Mrs Elswood BBQ Lamb kebabs
Member recipe by mrselswood
Wheel out the barbecue and cook up a treat using Mrs Elswood's Haimisha cucumbers.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (2kg)
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 60ml lemon juice
- 60ml honey
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 red peppers, cut into 2-inch squares
- 4 Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers, cut into 2-inch squares
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic cloves, onion and herbs in a large resealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add the lamb cubes to the bag, tossing to coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, rotating the bag occasionally to continually coat the lamb.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to bring the meat to room temperature.
- To assemble the kebabs, fill skewers, alternating peppers, Mrs Elswood Haimisha cucumbers, lamb and tomatoes until all ingredients are used.
- Cook the skewers on a BBQ rotating them on all sides, until cooked, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.