Member recipe by velucyraptor
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Pasties
A variation on the classic jam tart using only three ingredients - great for kids!
- 1 pack ready-made shortcrust pastry
- Good quality fruit jam
- Milk for glazing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for fan oven/200 degrees for electric/Gas Mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly-floured surface until roughly half a centimeter thick.
- Using a medium-size cookie-cutter or the rim of a pint glass, cut circles from the rolled-out pastry until it's all been used up.
- Take one circle of pastry. Place about half a teaspoon of jam in the middle of the circle, then bring the edges up and pinch them together to form a small parcel resembling a Cornish pastie.
- Repeat the process with the remaining circles and place them on greased baking tray. Brush them lightly with milk.
- Bake the pasties in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Enjoy while still warm!