Meringues & Lemon Honey Cream
Member recipe by newzealandhoneyco
A fantastic and simple dish, Meringues and Cream with Lemon Manuka Honey is both easy and delicious.
- 40g New Zealand Honey Co Manuka Honey with Lemon
- 410g caster sugar
- 230g egg whites
- 1 cup cream
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the manuka honey with lemon, sugar, egg whites and salt in a metal bowl, over a pot of boiling water and stir this over the heat until the sugar has melted. Put the mixture in an electric cake mixer with a whisk attachment until firm and glossy.
- Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Put large mounds of the mixture in the trays, giving each one plenty of space.
- Turn off the oven and place the trays in. The meringue will cook as the trays cool down. Leave for approximately 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, whip together the cream and manuka honey and lemon and place this on top of the meringues and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.