Manuka Honey Hummus & Wedges
Member recipe by newzealandhoneyco
- 1 cup drained, rinsed, cooked chickpeas
- 5 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons New Zealand Honey Co Manuka Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Garlic pita wedges:
- 4 small pitta pockets
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 25g butter, softly melted
- For the Hummus: Place all of the Hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with sweet paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- For the Wedges: Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius, fan grill.
- Cut pita pocket in half, length ways.
- Mix all ingredients together in a cup and Spread mixture evenly all over pita.
- Toast the pitta pockets under the grill for approximately 3 minutes or until golden and crispy.