chocolate cake at its best
Member recipe by kkgg1234
- 1 + 1/2 cup (170 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (dutched/dark)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (220 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (1.8 dl) milk
- 3/4 cup (170 g) melted butter
- 2 eggs
- and for the frosting
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) + 3 tablespoons (160 g) softened butter
- 3 cups (7.2 dl) powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F (Gas mark 4 or 180 C)
- Grease the cake tin
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Melt the butter at low heat and add to the dry ingredients. And add milk and eggs.
- Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
- Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35
- After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers