Toad in the Hole
Member recipe by jenthesheep
- 1 red onion
- 4 thick, low fat sausages
- 50g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 150ml milk - may be less depending on the size of the egg
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the onions into wedges and separate.
- Place the onions into a small shallow non-stick tin. Arrange the sausages on top.
- Add a small amount of oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Mix the batter, adding the mustard at the end.
- Pour the batter into the tin and return to the oven for 40 minutes until it is risen and golden.