Dales Eastern Curry
Member recipe by deanellerton
- 800g Chicken breasts or drumstcks and thighs
- 50mm Fresh ginger cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks of lemon grass crushed
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 150g small button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric pwder
- 3 teaspoons of madras curry powder (more if you like it hot)
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 medium onions sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 400 ml of water
- corn flour for thickening the sauce
- black pepper
- Corriander (roughly chopped)
- In a large casserole dish add the vegetable oil and lightly fry the chicken for about 5 minutes until slightly coloured.
- Then add all the other ingrediants to the pan except the water and the cornflour and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water to the pan, cover with a tight fitting lid and put into the oven for 30 minutes at 190C.
- After 30 minutes remove the casserole from the oven and place on the hob. Add the cornflour to thicken the sauce and a little more water if required. Cook out the cornflour for about 1 minute, remove the lemon grass stalks and then serve on a bed of boiled white rice sprinkling the chopped coriander on the top.
- For those that like a a bit more salt sprinkle with a little light soy sauce to taste.