Member recipe by jenthesheep
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- For the cakes
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 30g flavouring (lemon zest, cocoa poweder) or 6 drops of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs whisked
- 110g self-raising flour
- For the buttercream
- 140g unsalted butter softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- food colouring
- flavouring if desired
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add your chosen flavouring.
- Add the whisked eggs to the mixture. Slowly fold in the self-raising flour and spoon the mixture into paper cases.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes until risen and bouncy to touch. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and 1tbps of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in more milk if necessary to loosen the mixture.
- Stir in the food colouring until well combined.
- Decorate your cup cakes.