Italian fish cakes
Member recipe by alida1
- 800 g of fillet of cod and haddock or both
- 1 bunch of parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- oil for frying
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Peel the potatoes and cook them for 30 minutes until soft.
- In a pan cook the fish with the parsley and 1 clove of garlic.You should not need to add any water as the fish will let its own juices out in the pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Whizz the fish and make it into a puree. Add the salt and pepper, eggs, mashed potatoes, 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs, the crushed garlic clove and olive oil.
- With your hands shape the fishcakes into small balls and roll them into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the fishcakes until golden.