Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by cookwithanna
This recipe it's been in our house for generations, it is one of my favorites and I decided to share it with you.
- - 500g mince(pork, beef or both)
- - one egg
- - 4-5 garlic cloves
- - 2 slices of bread(soak it in some milk)
- - 3-4 tbsp of tomato paste
- - beef stock cube
- - salt and pepper
- Put the mince, crushed garlic, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Squeeze all the milk out of the bread and put it with the mince. Mix everything together.
- Then put some flour on a plate take some meat with a spoon and roll it in a bit of flour, make small balls which you can leave like that or press them with your palms until flat.
- Fry the meatballs in a pan with a bit of oil.
- When you finished frying all the meatballs put another pan on the heat with a bit of oil and 2 garlic cloves. Remove the garlic cloves when they start to go soft, then add the tomato paste and the beef cube stock with a mug of water and half tsp of sugar.
- Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, add more water if you need to. You can add a tsp of flour to thicken the sauce. Serve with mash potatoes. ENJOY!!!