Member recipe by cookwithanna
- - 250g sugar
- - one mug of milk
- - 3 tbsp cocoa
- - 200g butter
- - 200g flour
- - 5 eggs
- - vanilla flavoring (or rum)
- - 1 tsp baking powder
- Boil the milk, sugar and cocoa in a bain-marie (put the bowl with the ingredients in a bigger pot with a bit of water, on a low heat) mixing all the time, until the sugar is melted. Let it cool down(you want it worm enough for the butter to melt).
- Separate the eggs and mix the egg yolks one by one with the butter.
- In a separate bowl put 3/4 of the milk and cocoa mixture and mix it with the butter. When the butter has melted add the flour and the baking powder and mix everything together.
- Beat the egg whites until they are hard and stick to the bottom of the bowl. Put the egg whites on top of the cocoa cream and fold everything together, being careful not to lose the air bubbles.
- When everything is mixed together grease a ovenproof tray with some butter and sprinkle a bit of flour to seal the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the tray.
- Put it in the oven at 180C/gas mark 4 for 25-30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake and if it's clean when you take it out, then it is done). Pour the rest of the milk and cocoa on top of the cake.
- Cut the cake into squares. Now all you have to do is get comfortable and enjoy your treat.