Belgian endives with Parma ham
Member recipe by freyavg
- 8 Belgian endives (chicons)
- 2L chicken stock
- 16 slices of parma or other Italian ham
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of grated gruyere
- 400ml cream
- Cut of the end of the endives and remove the bitter core at the bottom of each. Boil them 15 min in the stock. Drain and let them cool a little while. (You can re-use the stock for a soup.)
- Preheat the oven at 180C/fan. Halve each endive lengthwise. Wrap each half in a slice of ham and put them all in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle a little bit of lemon juice over the endives, scatter de grated cheese over the top and pour in the cream. Season with some salt and pepper. Bake 25-30 min in the oven.
- Serve with bread an a salad.