Stilton Parcels & Apple Sauce
Member recipe by phillipa1
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Parcels
Crisp little filo parcels bursting with Christmas flavours, perfect as a starter or drinks nibble.
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 150g spinach
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 50g Stilton
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 25g walnuts
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 6 x 25x24cm sheets filo pastry
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 40g butter
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· Chives, optional
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· 4tbsps Bottlegreen Blackberry and Russet Apple Cordial
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ· Juice of 1 clementine
- 1. Preheat oven to 200c, 400f, gas mark 6. Place the spinach in a large pan with a little water, wilt for a few minutes, drain and squeeze out any juice. Chop finely.
- 2. Place in a bowl, cut the Stilton into small cubes and add with the roughly chopped walnuts, mix together.
- 3. Melt the butter. Brush a sheet of filo lightly with the melted butter, top with another piece of filo and brush again, repeat with a third sheet. Cut into 4.
- 4. Place teaspoonfuls of the spinach mixture into the centre of each parcel, brush with a little butter, draw up and twist carefully to secure the top of each of the parcels, brush with butter and place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining 3 filo sheets. Cook for approx 10-15 minutes until golden. Tie with the chives if using.
- 5. To make the sauce, place the Cordial and clementine juice in a small pan, boil for several minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Serve with the parcels as a dipping sauce.