Lamb with Spiced Berry Sauce
Member recipe by phillipa1
Perfect for winter entertaining, the warming spices in the sauce compliment the tender lamb.
- · 2 racks of lamb, approx 8-12 cutlets
- · 2 shallots
- · 15g butter
- · 8tbsps Bottlegreen Spiced Berry Cordial
- · 6tbsps port
- · 100g mixed berries, i.e., redcurrants, blackberries or cranberries, any combination
- · 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 180c, 350f, gas mark 4. Place the rack of lamb in a roasting tin, cook for 30 minutes. Remove and brush over 2tbsps of the Spiced Berry Cordial as a glaze, return to the oven for approx 15 minutes, 5 minutes less for pinker lamb and 5 minutes more for well done.
- 2. To make the sauce, finely chop the shallots. Heat the butter in a saucepan, gently cook the shallots until softened, add the remaining cordial and port, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the berries and Dijon mustard, heat through.
- 3. Carve the lamb into cutlets, arrange on a plate, spoon over the sauce. Serve with green beans, sugar snap peas and new potatoes.