Curried Parsnip & Squash Soup
Member recipe by hahinxman
So easy and so delicious. Low-fat yet really creamy tasting. The tikka curry spices give it fantastic dimensions!
- 2 medium parsnips, washed, trimmed, chopped into rounds but no need to peel
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks
- 25g butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon ready-mixed Tikka Curry Spices (e.g. Schwartz)
- Few grinds of black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tin tomato puree (71g)
- 500ml veg stock made with 1.5 teaspoons Marigold Bouillon Powder
- 250 ml hot water
- Melt the butter in a deep pan. Add the parsnips, squash and tikka spices. Grind in some black pepper. Bring up to simmering point.
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until beginning to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Add the stock and the tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, covered with a lid, until the vegetables are soft - approx 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool a bit. Then puree in a liquidizer or with a hand blender. Add the rest of the water as desired to obtain your preferred consistency.