Member recipe by charl91
Rich and sweet pudding for all occasions! Really simple. NB: the photo is not mine. I forgot to take one before it was demolished!
- - 250g butter
- - 500g light brown sugar
- - 190ml full fat milk
- - 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- - EITHER: a ready made pastry case OR a pack of ready to roll/pre-rolled shortcrust pastry (in this case you will need a flan dish - approx 21cm)
- If you are using ready to roll or pre-rolled pastry: Line your pie dish and bake blind using greaseproof paper and baking beans. Once the pastry is cooked set aside to cool.
- For the filling: In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the milk and sugar and stir until all dissolved. Whisk in the flour.
- Keep stirring until it begins to thicken and then reduce the heat. Cook on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into your pastry case and allow to cool and set. This takes a good while hence it would be at its best to make the night before and give it overnight to completely set.
- Serve up with some freshly whipped cream or pouring cream, whichever you'd prefer! Good old school classic!