Valentine Raspberry Hearts
Member recipe by marstar
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Biscuits
These pretty pastry hearts are a perfect gift for the one you love, or to make with kids.
- For the shortcrust pastry
- 375g plain flour
- 2dsp icing sugar
- 200g chilled unsalted butter
- 2-3 tbsp ice-cold water
- 200g raspberry jam
- caster sugar for sprinkling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- For the pastry put the icing sugar, flourand 1/2tsp of salt into a bowl and rub in the butter until ir resembles breadcrumbs. Work in enough water to make a soft dough.
- Roll the pastry onto a floured surface, to a thickness of about 2mm. Cut out 24 5cm hearts.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoon of raspberry jam onto the centre of 12 hearts, dampen the edges with water and place the remaning hearts on top of each. Press the edges firmly
- Place on the lined trays and bake for 12 minutes. As they come out sprinkle with the caster sugar so that it sticks. Place on a wire rack to cool.