Member recipe by le_tucker
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 carrots diced
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 stock cube
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried herbes de Provence
- 400g tin baked beans
- 800g floury potatoes, such as maris piper chopped into smallish pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 50g kale (or other winter greens) shredded
- Knob of butter
- Dash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat the oil in a saute pan, add onions and carrots fry for 5 minutes. Add the mince season and fry for 10 minutes until browned breaking up with a spoon. Sprinkle the stock cube over the meat and pour over the tomatoes, then stir in the herbs, splash of Worcestershire sauce and 400ml water. Bring to a boil, them simmer for 20 minutes. Stir through the baked beans and spoon into pie dish.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes and garlic in a large pan of cold, salted water, bring to the boil, then cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are really tender. Remove the garlic and potatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside. Cook the kale in the potato water for 3-4 minutes until tender, then drain well. Mash the potato and garlic well. Add a knob of butter, a dash of milk and seasoning, then stir through the cooked kale.
- Spoon the mash over the mince creating peaks in the potato, which will crisp up and brown in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until piping hot and golden brown on top.