Member recipe by rickwest020
Tiger prawns in garlic, olive oil and chili. Not for the faint hearted.
- 1kg Tiger prawns peeled, tail on
- 4 red chili peppers
- 10 dried spanish peppers
- 6 bulbs of garlic = 60 to 70 pieces of garlic
- cooking olive oil, enough to cover all the garlic and peppers
- bread preferably bake of Ciabatta, 2
- peel and slice all the garlic. Slice the peppers into big pieces.
- place the garlic and peppers in a large frying pan and cover with the oil.
- put on a very low light so that the peppers nd garlic are lightly cooking. While you are doing this bake the bread following baking instructions.
- stir gently now and again until the garlic and peppers are soft. (never high hest you will burn the garlic)
- strain the oil off keeping the garlic and peppers apart. Put the oil back in the frying pan and put on high.
- when the oil is nearly smoking put the prawns in for around 5 minutes. Just before they are ready put the peppers and garlic back in the pan for another two minutes. Serve in a deep plate just with bread.