Member recipe by maureen25
This is a very light dessert recipe, which was passed on to me by my late mother-in-law. Perfect after a big roast dinner!
- 1lb cooking apples
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 egg (separated)
- Core, peel and slice cooking apples and 2 tablespoons of sugar and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until soft. Put aside to cool
- Mix custard powder with 1 tablespoon of sugar and a little of the milk, gradually stir in remainder of milk. Bring to boil and simmer for about 5 mins until thick. Remove from heat add in egg yolk. Put into a serving bowl, cover with cling and allow to cool.
- When apple is cool, whisk up egg white until stiff, gradually whisk in apple a little at a time and place on top of custard
- Delicious served with cream or icecream