Chocolate Orange Brownies
Member recipe by charl91
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Brownies
Yummy gooey chocolate orange brownies that are amazing warm with ice cream and cool with a cup of tea!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup/200g caster sugar
- 1 cup/200g light brown sugar
- 8oz/230g melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup/150g cocoa
- 1/2 cup/60g plain flour
- 2 tsp orange essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Greaseproof paper
- Average size baking tray at least 1" deep
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/300ÃÂ°F. Line the baking tray with the greaseproof paper.
- Beat the eggs and then add in the sugars. Mix well to combine all together.
- Add the melted butter and mix well again. Add the orange essence.
- Sift in all the dry ingrediants and combine until rich and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and level out. (You could add something on top here. I've made these with chocolate chips, sugar crystals and little red heart cake decorations on top!)
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for approx 45 mins. When cooked the brownies will be firm but still very springy and spongey. A skewer may not come out completely clean as the middle of the brownies should be a little gooey!
- Leave to cool for 10 mins in the tray before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. (You could cut up now and enjoy warm!!) Slice into 12 squares and enjoy! Always a hit with the kids this one!