Warm strawberry cupcakes
Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Cakes
- 8 tbsp butter, softened,plus extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp strawberry conserve
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 115g self-raising flour
- 450g small whole fresh strawberries
- icing suger for dusting
- Grease 6 heavy, round teacups with butter. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the strawberry consevre in the bottom of each teacup.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together intil light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then add the vanillla essence. Sift in the flour and, using a large metalspoon, fold it into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into teacups.
- Stand the cups in a roasting tin, then pour in enough hot water to come one-third of the way up the sides of the cups. Bake the cupcakes in a preaheated oven, 180'c/350'f/gas mark 4, for 40 minutesor until well risen and golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. If over-browing, cover the cupcakes with a sheet f foil. Leave the cupcakes to cool for 2-3 minutes, then carefully lift the cups from the tin and place them on saucers.
- Place a few whole strawberries on each cake, then dust them with a little sifted icing suga. Serve warm with the remaing strawberries.