dark&white chocolate fudge
Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cakes
- 200ml warter
- 85g butter
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tbsp plain cocoa
- 50g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 tbsp water
- 50g butter
- 50g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 350g icing sugar
- 100g plain chocolate shavings
- 100g white chocolate shavings
- Line two 12-hole muffine pans with 20 paper cases. Place the water,butter,sugar and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes. Let the syrup mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, place the milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir to dissolve. Sift the flour and cocoa into a separate bowl and add the syrup mixture. Stir in the milk mixture and beat until smooth, then spoon the batter into the paper cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180'c/350'f/gas mark 4, for 20 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the toach. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the topping, melt the plain chocolate with half the water and half the butter, in a small heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until smooth and then leave to stand over the water. Repeat with the white chocolate and remaining water and butter. Sift hald of the icing sugar into each bowl and beat until smooth and thick. When the cupcakes are cold, top alternatley with each icing, then let set. Decorate with chocolate shavings